If your state is not represented here, please volunteer to be your state's chair by contacting Linda Thompson or Marilyn Bennett
State Chair Responsibilities
- Communicate with new members within your state soon after they join WBDI. Encourage their active participation in WBDI.
- Actively promote WBDI at music conferences, state meetings, etc. that you attend.
- Communicate with individuals in your region encouraging them to attend Summer Conference as well as the Mid-West Clinic.
- Submit state news items to the editor of the Woman Conductor by Feb. 1, April 1 and/or Oct. 1 for inclusion. Submit at least one article a year.
- Send a report of your activities to the Recording Secretary by November 1 and May 1 of each year so that this information can be included in their report for the next meeting.
- Nominate women in your state for awards, encourage them to apply for specific awards.
- If you attend the Mid-West Clinic, be available to work a shift at the WBDI booth.